Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Sense of Loneliness

A post from a blog ("Bridget Jones Goes to Seminary") that I find most intriguing led me to start this blog for all the women out there in Bloggerland that are ministering and leading spiritual communities. Meg's post mentioned a sense of loneliness, and many of the comments listed from it connected with her feelings.

As I approach the 30-year mark in my life, that sense of loneliness grows more defined. A direct link exists between my fear of loneliness and the steps I take further into ministry. This realiziation makes this blog critical for me! Thank you so much to the women out there who are responding and joining together. However, the emotions that I am experiencing do serve a purpose and have a cause.

So, what are the causes? Post a few as they come to your mind. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Causes of loneliness:
- The nature of pastoral ministry often causes you to move away from friends and family, and places you in a community where everyone knows you will most likely not be permanent. Lack of roots.
- The difficulty of making real friends when a) everyone you know is in your congregation; b) you have no time to connect with people outside of your congregation; and c) you might meet other pastors and hope to be friends with them, but they're just as busy as you are.
- Friends who knew you before you were a pastor no longer have any idea what you're talking about most of the time.
- People who only know you as a pastor expect you to "act like a pastor," all the time.

Just a few, from my point of view...

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home