Friday, December 02, 2005

From the RevGalBlogPal List. . .


1) Do you display a nativity scene, and if so, where?
Yes! My grandma gave me a miniature Precious Moments nativity scene when I was a child. Being a lifelong hater of Precious Moments sappy art, this is such a struggle for me each year. However, Grandma gave it to me, so it's on my coffee table. She also gave me a stuffed Santa and elf that sing when you touch their hands. Yes, they are sitting on the bookshelf.

2) Do you put a skirt under the Christmas tree?
Nope. Don't have one.

3) Do you hang lights on the house or put them in your windows?
Yes, I have authentic ghetto lights hanging on my porch. They are the large, colored bulbs. The lights were purchased when I lived in South Central L.A., so they truly are ghetto lights!

4) White lights or colored lights on the tree? Big bulbs or the small, pretty ones? (I'm not biased...much.)
The are colored, of course, to match the porch!

5) Do you have a tree topper? What sort? Who puts it on top of the tree?
I made my tree topper the first year that I had my own tree. It is made of wire and decorative jewels. It is quite terrible, but once again, hold so many memories. Friends come over every year to help me decorate. I have to put it up because the lights much be blazing through it to appreciate my special star on top!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home