Friday, March 17, 2006

Spring Breaks remembered

Per Songbird's request, I have spent Spring Breaks in the past at the following locations:

1. Key West, Florida: This was the location of Spring Break, 1995 (Freshman year in college). It is a beautiful city, and I haven't been down again. Visiting the home of Hemmingway was definitely my favorite part. I know--I am a nerd.

2. Panama City Beach, Florida: Spring Break, 1993 (Junior year in High School). A friend promised us that her parents' condo was NOT in PCB! When we arrived, we found ourselves in the middle of the strip. I drove down with four girlfriends, and, surprise!, five guys showed up that night to stay the week at well. Needless to say, it was crowded, but we had a great time. Our friend's mom went down with us. Poor, poor woman. I don't know how she took it.

3. Oxnard, California: While living in Los Angeles, I was able to take a few Spring Break trips up to a house owned by the organization that I worked for. It was beautiful, serene, and free of middle school students. We had a blast there.

4. Orlando, Florida: My grandparents would take us to Disney World all the time when I was a kid. My bro and I had the time of our lives.

5. Los Angeles, CA: Every beach that we could find. Other Spring Breaks in L.A. were great. We didn't even have to travel to go on vacation. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Songbird said...

As the mother of a college student, I don't envy that mom!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home