Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Way Of The Cross



As of now, it looks like an old, broken door. Matt & Jay found it on the side of the road. Those B.B. boys stopped and picked it up for me; they knew it would make a great piece of art.

Hopefully, they will be right.

Our church is creating a "Way of the Cross" art exhibit/prayer path that will be open during Holy Week. It illustrates the journey of Christ from the garden to the grave. I am responsible for the Prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane. The door will be my canvas. I found it terribly symbolic. However, procrastination is working against me here. Pray that major progress happens tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger samantha said...

hey girl-- i hear you. i put my frame/glass together three weeks ago, laid the glass out two weeks ago, and only tonight started blowing stuff in. I'm a bit stuck. But I cranked up the worship music, opened the doors, listened to the wind nearly knocking my little house down and felt the Lord moving around... can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!

Sam

6:35 PM  
Blogger see-through faith said...

I love doors :)

They say so much. Jesus is the way and that way for us was won on the cross. Do post pics of the art - I think it'll be awesome.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home