Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's Official!

A friend told me once that I am not "official" until someone gets offended.

Most of my posts on this blog are really my articles that run in the religion section of our local newspaper. Apparently, the one listed below got one reader hot under the collar.

A woman called me this morning with her number blocked to make sure I knew what a terrible person I was for writing the article on Starbucks. "I can't even believe you would write about Starbucks (I know it was just a little story and everything), but they DO NOT SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!" She was furious.

3 Comments:

Blogger clave said...

What?!?! That is absolutely absurd, that someone would create a connection between your character, a story about a coffee chain, and corporate advocation of the military. It's just absurd!

I know that you realize that the call you received says much more about the person calling than it does about you. I know you know that, but I just wanted to tell you that.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Tony Myles said...

The bigger problem with Starbucks is the caffeine addiction they promote... which is the only reason people buy coffee instead of supporting the poor. If only people weren't addicted to caffeine then we'd be able to solve world hunger.

Yeah...

or something like that.


(Okay, what's weird is that while I was being purposefully ironic I found myself going, "Hmm... maybe that is true." Scary.)

8:47 PM  
Blogger will smama said...

***sigh*** the things people get upset about.

Happy Thanksgiving!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home